Thursday, January 22, 2015

Panoramas

One of my favorite parts of photography is taking panoramas. I have only ever been able to take panoramas by using my phone because I have no idea how to stitch pictures together from my DSLR. The first picture below was taken with my phone camera. It was a calm morning with little wind and I thought the reflection off the lake was incredible looking. I wish I could have taken a better picture with a DSLR but I didn't know how to stitch the individual pictures together. I still like the results from this picture though.

This is not my picture. It is taken by Rob Planck. He is a  Nature and outdoor photographer.


For some tips on panoramas check out this article by Nikon. Basically the article says to use a tripod and shoot on manual not aperture priority mode. The biggest thing to do is to shoot every picture in the sequence at the same setting, including white balance. There should also be a considerable overlap from anywhere from 25% to 50% depending on the focal length. A shorter focal length should usually have more overlap.

http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Learn-And-Explore/Article/gp09aubf/panoramas.html#!

Rob Planck's website and gallery
http://www.rodplanck.com/gallery.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment