Thursday, February 5, 2015

Flying Paradise Valley

As an aviation student I have the opportunity to take my camera up with me while I fly. I managed to take my camera with me on my flight through the Beartooths and Paradise Valley. I didn't get as many quality pictures as I would have liked and learned some good lessons. Fist is set up your camera on the ground. My white balance was not on auto and all my pictures ended up extremely blue before editing. I did not open the window of the plane and all my pictures are blurred on the edges. My flight was at high noon so the lighting was not great. My headset also kept changing the settings on the camera which made it hard to shoot on a manual mode. I did end up taking some cool pictures, just not great award winning pictures like I tried to imagine. 


 This first picture is taken just east of Paradise Valley. I'm honestly not sure if I could find this valley again
 I do not remember where we were when we took this picture but I do like the result.
 This was taken at around 9000ft over Gardiner looking Southwest, I think.
 This is taken of a group of Cabins on Hebgen lake which is Northwest of West Yellowstone.
 I tried so hard to get a decent pictures of the geyser and steam activity in Yellowstone but this below average picture is the best I got.
 This could be my favorite. This is looking North just Northwest of Gardiner at the start of Paradise Valley. The whole flight was surreal and this was one of the coolest spots I've flown through.
 I think this might be Emigrant Peak, not sure, but I think so.
I remember we dipped down pretty low into a valley and flew almost uncomfortably close to some peaks. This was one of the peaks which caught my eye so I took a picture of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment